In addition to the Conference program, you will have the opportunity to engage with compelling industry presentations during the Coffee Breaks on 26 and 27 October.
Location: Networking & Exhibition Area (Lobby 2nd Floor)
Thursday, 26 October
16:05 – 16:15
A presentation by NimaGen: EasySeq™: the next revolution in microbiome library prep, powered by reverse-complement PCR.
NimaGen’s EasySeq products utilize the patented unique reverse-complement PCR (RC-PCR) to create a simple and safe sequence library in one-tube, single reaction. RC-PCR kinetics results in high sensitivity and specificity because indexed target-specific primers are synthesized during the reaction. Because of the kinetics it results in robust deconvolution of the microbiome and low formation of chimeric reads in low to high DNA input. Furthermore, it greatly reduces the amount of hands-on steps and the associated risks of pipetting errors, as well as sample swaps and cross-contamination.
Brian van der Veer, Senior Manager Microbiology, NimaGen, Netherlands
16:15 – 16:25
A presentation by Perseus Biomics: Sequencing-free metagenomics: a paradigm shift in microbiome profiling
We present DynaMAP, a novel untargeted metagenomic approach for the taxonomic profiling of virtually any microbiome. DynaMAP uses fluorocoding and optical mapping of native metagenomic DNA instead of probes, PCR or sequencing. As a result, it is an advantageous data-, time- and cost-efficient alternative that microbiomes profiles in just hours, down to strain level and at a price point competitive to amplicon/16S rDNA sequencing.
Pierre-Henri Ferdinand, Director or Business Development, Perseus Biomics, Belgium
Friday, 27 October
10:40 – 10:50
A presentation by Targedys: Pioneering precision probiotics: the added-value of the mechanism of action by TargEDys
– traditional probiotics limitations: lack of understanding of the mechanism of action, lack of reproducibility, lack of medical endorsement
– the example of Hafnia alvei HA4597: bottom-up development from the discovery of ClpB as a molecular mimetic of alpha-MSH, from MoA to proof of concept in animal models and confirmation in humans
– screening for molecular mimetics can be replicated for other endpoints
– the MoA gives control over process optimization and quality control for better products
Nina Vinot, Sales & Marketing director, TargEDys, France
10:50 – 11:00
A presentation by Massive Bioinformatics: MassBiome: Discover the microbial world inside you!
The presentation will introduce MassBiome, a cutting-edge product designed for analyzing the human gut microbiome. Furthermore, we will delve into the product agenda, explaining why MassBiome is a necessary addition to the market. We’ll share our vision, and objectives, and provide a comprehensive overview of this groundbreaking microbiome analysis solution.
Ibrahim Halil Miraloglu, Co-founder and CEO, Massive Bioinformatics, Turkey
16:00 – 19:00
Presentations by DNA-Technology: Latest clinical data and applications for urogenital and gut microbiome analysis by qPCR Femoflor® | Androflor® | Enteroflor® Kiddy.
Location: Da Vinci 2 Hall, floor 3
– Male and female urogenital microbiome: similarity and differences;
– Semen microbiota and its impact on embryo quality;
– Еndometrial microbiome: assessment methods and association with pathology;
– Еndometrial microbiome in women with reproductive problems – success story from the practice;
– Vaginal microbiome in first trimester of pregnancy as a prognostic marker for premature birth: PRIMA and PEOPLe indexes;
– The vaginal microbiome as a key predictor of gynae health outcomes;
– Protocols and algorithms, implementation of microbiome qPCR in routine analysis. Real cases, evaluation of results;
– Fundamentals of Modern Approaches to Assessing Gut Microbiota in Children;
– Enteroflor comparison to other methods. Real cases, evaluation of results.
Speakers: Ekaterina Voroshilina, Ural State Medical University; Svetlana Pachkova, Clinical Institute for Reproductive Medicine St. Elisaveta”, Pleven; Kalina Mihaylova, Head of Medical Innovation at Daye.