GUIDELINES FOR THE SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS:
Participants interested in presenting an Oral or Poster presentation are invited to submit an abstract. All abstracts will undergo a review by the Scientific Committee and may be accepted for Poster or Oral Presentation or rejected. The Committee reserves its right to select the type of the Abstract presentation.
NB! Please kindly note that any abstract, submitted by an industry representative will be considered as an industry paper. For more information, please visit our industry presentation section here.
PRESENTATION TYPES AVAILABLE:
ACADEMIC POSTER PRESENTATION
- Meta-omics techniques and integrative applications computational and statistical methods for microbiome research (Computational and statistical methods for microbiome research, Meta-omics techniques and integrative applications)
- The first 1000 days of life: from pregnancy to infancy in health and disease (Pregnancy, pregnancy complications, fetal health, birth mode, lactation, infancy, early life microbiota and later health, factors affecting early gut colonization)
- Gut Brain axis (in memory of Prof. John Bienenstock)
- The forgotten members of the microbiome – mycobiome, virome, archaeome, parasitome
- It’s not all about the gut: vaginal, oral and skin microbiomes in health and disease
- Teasing out a mechanism: how does the microbiome contribute to disease (GI, Oncology, allergy, cardiometabolic health, infectious diseases and more)
- Influence of diet and drugs on the human microbiome
- From bench to bedside – using the microbiome in clinical trials (Pre/pro/postbiotics and fecal transplants – what does the future hold?)
- Women’s health and the microbiome (vaginal microbiome, IVF, PCOS, menopause)
- The human microbiome and the immune system
- Animal and environmental microbiomes
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION:
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university scientific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- Abstracts must be submitted via the website only.
- Abstracts submitted by email will not be accepted.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Please note: after the submission deadline abstracts cannot be modified or corrected.
- Each person may submit up to 3 abstracts as presenting author.
- All abstracts will be forwarded to the Abstract Review Committee for review.
- You will receive confirmation that your abstract has been received, indicating the abstract number which it has been allocated. Please refer to this abstract number in all correspondence regarding this abstract.
- Please contact the Conference Secretariat if you have not received confirmation that your abstract has been received at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Presenting authors must be registered participants. Authors of Abstracts that will be presented as Oral presentations must register by 28 May 2023. Authors of Abstracts that will be presented as Poster presentations must register by 14 June 2023. Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees before the indicated dates will be scheduled in the program. Authors of Abstracts selected as Poster presentations during the late-breaking abstract submission must register by 23 August 2023.
- Presenting author can be replaced by one of the co-authors only.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official meeting publications.
- Abstracts that have been presented at another meeting may be submitted.
- Notifications regarding the status of the abstract will be sent once the review process is complete.
- No changes will be made to submitted and accepted abstracts.
- Conflicts of Interest / Disclosure: Abstract submitters will be requested to confirm that you will declare any conflict of interests in your presentation at the Conference.
Kindly note that the World of Microbiome Conference is accepting abstracts for Poster Presentation and Oral Presentation.
RULES FOR SUBMISSION:
- Before you begin, kindly prepare the following information:
- Presenting Author contact information;
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime and evening phone number
- Author and co-authors’ details
- Full first and family name(s)
- Authors’ names must be in upper and lower case (J.C.C. Smith)
- Affiliation information: department, institution / hospital, city state (if relevant), country
- Abstract title – Limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – Limited to 250 words. We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words.
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word the first time it appears.
- Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
- You will receive an abstract reference number via email after you have submitted your abstract.
- After the deadline, no changes will be accepted.
- Abstract topic – abstracts must be allocated to a specific topic for the scientific program. You will need to select the topic most suited to your abstract.
ABSTRACT SUBMITTERS’ DECLARATION:
Disclosure of financial relationships that the author(s) may have with the manufacturer/supplier of any commercial products or services related to the work, should be indicated in the appropriate box on the abstract form.
The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission.
The Organisers reserve the right to remove from any publications an abstract which does not comply with the above.