- Each Speaker (part of the main Programme) will have between 15 and 20 minutes for presentation (please check the Programme for the exact time of your presentation). A panel discussion with Questions & Answers would take place at the end of each session, after the presentations of the Speakers.
- As Oral Communication speaker you are requested to arrive at least 1 hour before your session in order to provide the Speaker Ready Desk (Plenary Hall Washington A) with your slides. If using a Power Point (or any other computer format) presentation, please note you need to bring it on a memory stick (using the USB port in the computer).
- Please include a disclosure slide in your presentation. You can download an example here.
- Please note that the Native Projection ratio of the screens is 16:9 and all presentation slides need to be in the same ratio.
- We strongly recommend not using own computers for presentation – please note that the time used for connecting own computer will be deducted from the total presentation time.
- However, if you choose to use your own computer please note it has to have HDMI socket for external signal. In such case please come to update the AV support about it and come to test it in the session hall during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session.
video films in your presentation
- If combining video films with Power Point, please make sure to check it in the session hall during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR MACINTOSH USERS
In order to use Mac presentations on a PC compatible computer please note that you need to prepare it according to the instructions below, before bringing it to the AV Control desk.
- Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (special fonts might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint based PC).
- Insert pictures as JPG files (and not TIF, PNG or PICT - these images will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC).
- Alternatively, you may use your own Macintosh laptop computer. In such a case please confirm you provide it with a HDMI adaptor for external signal, advise the operator at the AV Control desk about it as soon as you arrive and later on test it in the Plenary Hall during the coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session.
Note: it is the presenter's responsibility to follow all copyright and fair use guidelines.